Systems Developer - Houston
Reporting to the Director, Business Systems, Systems Developers at Greenstar are responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and maintaining computer applications, software and specialized utility programs in response to business needs. During this process, Systems Developers also create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation specific to software development and are required to repair, modify and expand existing programs as needed.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Reviewing, designing, creating, deploying, testing and maintaining new and existing software programs to facilitate current and future business requirements
- Using the source code in accordance with best practices and adhering to the principle of software development and company standards at every stage of the development cycle
- Following the principles of Relational database design, implementation, deployment and maintenance
- Creating and maintaining accurate documentation and version controls associated with applications/systems
- Creating a testing and development environment separate from production systems
- Providing the necessary training and support to IT staff and other clients to ensure the application(s) created can be used and maintained effectively
- Providing other IT support as required.
Qualifications of the Position Include:
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- ·5 to 7 years experience in computer programming development
- Expert knowledge of some of the main programming languages – Microsoft ‘s Visual Basic, Java and .NET is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of relationship databases with experience of MS SQL is required.
- Proficient in:
- Computer security processes and applications
- Version and source control procedures
- The principles and implementation of relational databases
- Highly developed communication and customer service skills, effective at all levels
- Ability to successfully work independently and/or in a team environment with a results and solution orientation
Greenstar Recycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by submitting your resume via email to: Careers@GreenstarRecycling.com