Shift Supervisor - Houston
Greenstar North America is currently recruiting a Second Shift Supervisor based in Houston, Texas. Reporting to and in partnership with the Plant Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all plant activities during a designated shift including production, health & safety compliance and employee relations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing leadership and direction to achieve all plant operating objectives in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality and continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external EH&S requirements
- Interact with customer to give and receive information regarding movement and quality of material.
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment and facility with both internal and external personnel including recordkeeping component.
- Schedule, monitor and track employee attendance and vacation
Qualifications of the Position Include:
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing/processing facility, focusing on quality production and employee engagement
- Working knowledge of EH&S regulations, programs, procedures, and policies
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and proven track record of delivering on commitments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain superior relationships within the plant as well as internal and external clients
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office components Word and Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Comfortable in an industrial environment using ‘hands-on’ approach
Greenstar Recycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by submitting your resume via email to: Careers@GreenstarRecycling.com